1. [charge before use] in general, the new nickel metal hydride battery only contains a small amount of electricity, after you buy to charge it Later use. However, if the battery has a short factory life and is fully charged, it is recommended to use it first and then charge it.
2. [best performance after charging for 3 times] new nickel-metal hydride batteries generally need to be charged and used for 3-4 times before their performance can be developed The best state, a lot of friends the first charge encountered small problems, such as the first charge after shooting PP number is not so imagined How ah? After 3-4 charges and use, it’s all solved.
3. [recharging after use] although the memory effect of nimh batteries is small, it is still recommended to charge them after each use, and It’s a one-time charge. Don’t charge it for a while, use it for a while, and then charge it again. That’s the key to living longer.
4. [pay attention to heat dissipation and keep clean] when charging the battery, pay attention to the heat dissipation around the charger Be careful not to place too much clutter around the charger. In the process of using the battery,Batteries often don’t have special storage bags; After replacing the battery, the user will habitually put the battery away, regardless of the place is the area clean and damp? The result is that the battery is easily dirty, and the contacts are easy to contact with metal such as keys, etc Susceptible to moisture, these are the battery’s greatest enemies.
Suggestion: the user should set up a special battery placement point and keep the battery Clean. To avoid problems such as power loss, it is necessary to keep the contact points at both ends of the battery and the inside of the battery cover clean Rub with a soft, clean dry cloth.
5. When not in use for a long time, remember to remove the battery from the battery compartment and place it in a dry ring It is recommended to put in the battery box to avoid short circuit.
6. [live storage of long-lived battery, re-use slow charging is appropriate] long-term unused ni-mh battery will be stored in a few months, the battery It goes into a state of “dormancy” and battery life is greatly reduced. If the nimh battery has been sitting for a long time, build It is advisable for you to charge with a slow charge first.
Here comes another key issue: for nimh batteries, the battery is supposed to be complete After discharge, or under charge? Which of these two contrasting views should be adopted? Many people think so Use the former, but the author thinks the battery live preservation is more reasonable.
Because: according to the test, the best condition for ni-mh battery storage It’s about 80% charged and stored. This is because the self-discharge of the nickel-metal hydride battery is larger (about 10%-15% a month) if the battery runs out Save after full discharge, do not use for a long time, the battery self-discharge phenomenon will cause the battery over discharge, will damage the electricity Pool. Don’t believe it? If you think about the new nickel-metal hydride rechargeable batteries are still charged, that’s why.
Advice: Compare, correct wrong points of view, and maintain your battery in the right direction, otherwise it will backfire.
7. [do not overdischarge ni-h battery] many friends post to ask, how to discharge nickel metal hydride? After asking all after the battery experts, came to a consistent conclusion to remind friends. Try not to discharge the nickel metal hydride battery, over discharge will lead to charging failure, the harm of doing so is far greater than the memory effect of nimh battery itself!
8. [NiH < 1.2v before charging, > 1.4v after charging] General nickel-metal hydride batteries before charging, electricity the voltage is below 1.2v, and the normal voltage after filling is around 1.4v. It’s easy to judge the state of the battery.
9. [quick charging is harmful, brand name is better] chargers are mainly divided into quick charging and slow charging. Slow charging flow is small, usually around 200mA, than for example, the common charging current is around 160mA. It takes a long time to charge, with 16 smaller nickel-metal hydride batteries of 1800mAh when the left and right sides. Time is slow, but the charge will be full, and do not hurt the battery. The quick charge flow is usually around 400mA above, charging time significantly reduced a lot, 3-4 hours can be done, also won the love of everyone. There are many kinds of quick charge the prices vary. So we also often have a question, with quick charge, why the price difference is very big? A good charger is special is a good quick charge with anti-overcharge protection function, such as our common panasonic super charger BQ 390 in this respect this is particularly true of chip software design, which minimizes the damage to batteries from quick charging while recharging them.
10. [quick charging multiple times and slow charging recovery] contradiction appears: slow charging does not hurt the battery, but the charging time is too long; Quick charge can save time,But the battery damage, even the world’s best panasonic battery charger BQ390 can only very well reduce the damage, but not entirely. The solution is to buy a quick charge and a slow charge. With a quick recharge for a while,For example, after 5 or 10 times, switch to slow charging once or twice. This returns the battery to its best performance.
11. When the battery is used, it is usually a battery pack, that is, four or six in series. At this time,It is very important to keep the balance of each battery, or one battery problem will affect the work of the whole battery.Want to make sure battery capacity is consistent above all, had better choose the battery that same brand same model buys at the same time. Then, keep the electricity on The amount of electricity inside the pool is uniform, which simply means that the battery pack is either full or empty. If you have more than More batteries to form a number of battery packs, you can try to “select”. Specifically, the capacity, voltage and other parameters A number of similar battery monomer series into a battery pack, due to the lack of conditions, the general situation after a test voltage And the voltage of good charge is ok.
12. Finally, charge and discharge. High-end ni-mh rechargers use -delta V to detect battery voltage to determine if the battery is charged Full. The voltage curve when a battery is charged is somewhat similar to that when it is discharged, rising quickly at first, then slowly,When it was fully charged, the voltage began to fall rapidly again, but not by much.
Previously used nickel-cadmium batteries Similarly, except that the rate and magnitude of decline is greater than that of ni-mh. And most chargers on the market (cheaper ones) Often used is the balance of charging, such as the old GP charging treasure is 1.4V balance, is the battery rushed to 1.4V due to the lack of power The pressure difference, the charge is over. As a result, batteries often fail to recharge, especially older ones Because of the increased internal resistance the voltage actually applied to the battery is lower. And this kind of charger current tends to be small, charging often It takes more than 10 hours.
The chargers that automatically cut off with -delta V, because they can accurately control the charging time, can To charge reliably with high current. High current charging doesn’t do as much damage to nickel-metal hydride batteries as you might think, On the contrary, the current use of DC, more need a large current charge. The first is the question of time. And then, Nickel-metal hydride batteries have a feature, is that the more current you charge, the more current it can release, now DC is the electric tiger, the current is not small, so it is a wise choice to use a relatively large current to charge the battery It’s cleaner. Generally no.5 charging current can not exceed 1.5c, C is the battery capacity, is 1000MAH battery, do not More than 1.5 A. I usually charge with 0.5c (my charger has adjustable current).
In terms of discharge, in general, DC after black screen can be taken to charge, ni-mh memory effect is very small. But after a while, and to balance the battery,When activating the battery, control the discharge termination voltage of the battery. The termination voltage of ni-mh battery is 0.9V when discharging pay attention not to overdischarge, put into each battery 0.9V can stop the discharge. Ni-mh batteries are not as powerful as nickel-cadmium batteries, are sensitive to overcharge and high temperature. Charge and discharge temperature. In general, do not let the battery temperature above 45 degrees. When the battery is full, the battery will get hot. When the battery is full of large current, the temperature should be about 42 degrees, not more than 45 degrees, no the life of the battery will decrease quickly and the internal resistance of the battery will increase. In addition, the battery temperature is higher after charging, and can only be adjusted after cooling charge, charge money also have to wait for the battery cooling. Re-use after a long time, it is best to charge and reactivate the battery several times. flat please pay attention to the integrity of the packaging, no damage, to avoid a short circuit. Don’t hit the battery. No fire and so on.
Post time: Jan-03-2020